A place to share the journey...

Friday, July 30, 2010

Court Day




It's official, today the judge said, "So, she's yours," in court and so she is! I pick her up and move to the guest house tomorrow. Tonight San and I got some quick dinner, went to a bookstore, went to a grocery store for formula and baby food (books vs babyfood - hmmm), and then to the hotel, where a coffee ceremony/acoustic guitar-drum-singer were playing great classics in a dark and lovely lounge. We had a toast to Ali and the end of... evenings in dark and lovely lounges.

Yesterday:
Went to the orphanage and held/played with Alemitu, drove all over town in a van with other parents (interesting, got a better sense of the city), went to a really good restaraunt with traditional music and dancing.





4 comments:

  1. Gotcha Day at last! :) I am SO happy for you...both! What a great pair! I'm anxiosly waiting for the next update; Thanks for taking us on the journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a terrible sap, but i can't look at those photos without crying!!!!!!
    we can't wait for the next update, but given your new little round the clock preoccupation, realize it may be a while.
    love from all us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Official! And so sweet. She looks adorable (as you all do), and I'm smiling all the way from my mouth to my heart. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eve, we're so happy for you! Ali is gorgeous, and so are you.

    Love,
    David and Cynthia

    ReplyDelete